Maison Host / Hostess - Luxury Retail Boutique
Full-time / Permanent
Up to £27,000 pa
A French high fashion luxury goods manufacturer established in the 1800s. Our client specialises in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewellery, watches and ready-to-wear. A company that values close relationships, humility and connected team relationships offering a unique management style. Individuals who strive for excellence and possess a spirit of goodwill for personal achievement that also benefits group success will thrive in this environment.
A key role of Maison Host / Hostess has come up for our client. This is a critical role as it's the first point of contact with many customers. First impressions count. Therefore the role of the greeter is centred in being the first welcome. An individual with a warm and sincere manner who can maintain a positive and professional attitude, is highly efficient and courteous, ensuring customer service levels are kept to a very high standard at all times will be best suited for this role. The key is to ensure the customer journey begins seamlessly and is in line with the standards of the house.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance the flow of the customer journey;
- Greet customers when they enter the store and give a positive first impression;
- Engage with customers on the floor and introduce to the relevant team member;
- Plan appointments & coordinate the agenda of the day and personally welcome customers;
- Ensure sales & service team take breaks at the right time and ask for additional support on the floor when necessary;
- Manage waiting time appropriately;
- When possible, offer a seat, offer/prepare and serve refreshments/teas/coffees for customers;
- Handover to sales & service team to neighbouring team members, ensuring the customer is directed to the right location;
- Be curious about what happens in Mayfair and London to share with the team and customers Recommendations for hotels, restaurants, afternoon teas, exhibitions close to the store;
- Foster relationships with concierge personnel at neighbouring key Hotels;
- Coordinate orders of refreshments/teas/coffees/napkins etc. with the Administration Manager Support to prepare a light lunch for VIP customers during a private appointment;
- Be proactive and identify areas of improvement and share ideas;
- Inform management about potential customer complaints;
- Inform management or team about potential customers;
- Contribute to ensuring excellent standards in-store at all time, along with the sales & service team.
THE KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience providing high level customer service;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills - both verbal or written;
- Personable & confident with an enthusiastic attitude;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Reliability and flexibility
- Attention to detail;
- Dynamic and able to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Impeccable personal presentation ;
- All candidates must hold a valid visa to live & work in the UK (please note this is NOT a sponsorship opportunity).
If this exciting opportunity sounds like you, get in touch with us today.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only those successful for interviews will be contacted.