Operations Manager - Luxury Retail Home Interior
Full-time / Permanent
Salary up to £60,000 pa + bonus scheme
Our client is a Swedish Luxury Lifestyle brand that has been in business for nearly 170 years. As an industry leader setting the standard for their product category using natural materials mixed with cutting edge technology to ensure their customers are always presented with the best product possible that can see them through many years. The right candidate will be joining a legacy brand built with pride as a family business.
Our client is looking to hire an experienced self-starting Operations Manager who is proactive and future focussed to build and scale the company with a global mindset. This role is London based, partially working from home, travelling for meetings and working from the client showroom 40-60% of the time. This role reports directly into the Retail Director, UK & EU.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to remove barriers via facilitation, creativity and resourcefulness;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at one time;
- Periodically conduct a comprehensive evaluation of our existing processes with Head of Finance and put in place plans for improvement and enhancement;
- Manage timeline, communication and roll-out of new processes;
- Manage the critical path for new store openings and manage communication with relevant teams, with the support of Head of Retail, to ensure timely execution and collaboration across all departments;
- Ensure process and communication channels in place from the factory to UK warehouses, then to store/client home delivery as required;
- Set up facilities in new stores, creating guidelines and processes to hand over to Store Managers;
- Liaise and build a strong communication channel with the merchandising team for store allocation;
- Ensure to have and follow up on relevant licenses if required;
- Set up relevant insurance with the finance team;
- Collaborate with the design team on showroom fit-out for best-in-class customer experience and optimal operational flow;
- Ensure health and safety policy is in place and up-to-date;
- Ensure all facilities are in working order at all times by solving problems;
- Employ analytical skills and use a data-driven approach to decision making;
- Manage critical path and coordinate with relevant employees to ensure deadlines are met;
- Flexible in nature with the ability to take on ad-hoc responsibilities;
- Review and improve systems and processes to drive efficiency;
- Assisting with the review of budgets and inventories and making recommendations;
- Ensures the production team meets deadlines and standards to produce and deliver products to the highest standards;
- Excited about making a role ones own to develop and grow.
THE KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous start-up experience in a similar Operational role;
- Min. 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on Operations manager;
- Ability to negotiate the best business deals on behalf of the brand;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Must be people-oriented and results-driven;
- Excellent active listening, with keen analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a larger team;
- Self-disciplined in time management to meet deadlines and achieve KPI's;
- Be flexible and comfortable with change without losing sight of long term goals;
- Ability to build and nurture positive working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Travel when and where the role requires to EU and US markets;
- Apple IT / Tech friendly.
Interviews and shortlist will be held in the following weeks, so if this exciting opportunity sounds like you, get in touch with us today.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only those successful for interviews will be contacted.