Retail Department Manager - Luxury Fashion Goods Boutique
Full-time / Permanent
Salary up to £44,000 pa
A French high fashion luxury goods manufacturer established in the 1800s. Our client specialises in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewellery, watches and ready-to-wear. A company that values close relationships, humility and connected team relationships offering a unique management style. Individuals who strive for excellence and possess a spirit of goodwill for personal achievement that also benefits group success will thrive in this environment.
Our client is seeking a Department Manager who will be working with the Store Manager, to ensure the efficient and effective front of house functionality of the store within the company's operating guidelines and standards and to deputise for the Store Manager in his/her absence.
Ability and sensitivity to crossover with the operational aspects of the business, particularly in the absence of the other Department Managers. Managing a team of approximately 30 members.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Relations Management
- To support the Store Manager with the client interactions and bringing new clients into the business;
- Manage the client database in the store, maintain accurate client information;
- Support the team in delivering exceptional service to all clients;
- Strong focus on client profiling, client building and repurchase rate;
- Liaising with Commercial Developer on all CRM developments and initiatives;
- Managing/limiting customer complaints in a timely and proactive manner;
- Liaising and working closely alongside the stock, administration and operations functions in the store;
- Organise rotas and holiday schedules;
- Be responsible for all areas of financial compliance, including banking and cashing up daily and reconciliation of the tills.
Managing the Team
- Give direction to the team on the shop floor where necessary;
- Undertake and monitor the progress of new staff members in the store ensuring that they receive a proper induction to the business;
- Ensure that the team is properly trained and that additional training is given and as and when appropriate (particularly on in-store procedures, product knowledge and product handling and presentation techniques);
- Update the periodic seasonal training plan and schedule training meetings.
Stock and Merchandising
- Maintain a constant knowledge of what stock is available in the store that it is properly stored and handled and bring stock issues to the attention of the Store Manager;
- Gain a good working knowledge of the EPOS system in order to analyse figures and stock printouts. Stock analysis as and when needed, to assess stock levels and performance by department;
- Achieve targets in accordance with performance measures set and to encourage and assist the team members in the achievement of theirs;
- Undertake security activities within the company's guidelines and to ensure, as far as practicable, that stock or other property is not put at unnecessary risk;
- To undertake projects and responsibilities at the direction of the Manager.
- In liaison with the Store Manager, keep a close eye on budgets, including those of security, temp cover etc, and sign off on any invoices.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years of proven management experience preferably within luxury retail;
- Ability to perform as second in command in a fast-paced store environment;
- Organised, flexible and reliable;
- Strong CRM focus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent selling skills;
- Good IT Skills: sales system, Microsoft Office, Windows etc;
- Good team player with capacity to work autonomously;
- Professional with ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure;
- All candidates must hold a valid visa to live & work in the UK (please note this is NOT a sponsorship opportunity).
If this exciting opportunity sounds like you, get in touch with us today.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only those successful for interviews will be contacted.