Retail Stock Controller - Luxury Fashion Goods Boutique
Full-time / Permanent
Bond Street, London
Salary up to £27,000 pa
A French high fashion luxury goods manufacturer established in the 1800s. Our client specialises in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewellery, watches and ready-to-wear. A company that values close relationships, humility and connected team relationships offering a unique management style. Individuals who strive for excellence and possess a spirit of goodwill for personal achievement that also benefits group success will thrive in this environment.
To effectively and accurately maintain the information on the stock control system and provide administrative support to the store and head office whilst maintaining the company's standards of excellent customer service, product knowledge, personal presentation and teamwork.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all goods are security tagged, ticketed, handled and stored with due care;
- Take full responsibility for maintaining the stock system (including accurately processing deliveries, returns, transfers, special movements, damaged items, stolen items and loan items). Ensure Store Manager's approval is obtained where required;
- Ensure that ticketing is accurate and regularly checked (through deliveries and spot checks);
- Support the sales team by providing information on stock searches, repairs and transfers;
- Regularly review, and at the request of the Store Manager, current stock situation to: maximise potential sales, propose stock offers to other stores, deal with slow moving and/or damaged stock;
- Assist the Store Manager with updating PSI system when requested, to ensure optimum stock levels.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of any necessary administration, adhering to set procedures and policies as appropriate;
- Work closely with the IT Administrator at Head Office to assist in improving the system and the proscribed store processes for the administration of stock;
- Follow up on negative stock on a daily basis, correcting where possible. Report the findings to Store Management, Retail Manager, Product Coordinator, IT coordinator, and Management Controller.
Customer Service and Communication
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships by ensuring that all clients requests and
after sales service issues are followed up and communicated in a timely manner, consistent with the company standards and values;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within your own store environment and within the company as a whole by providing high level customer service at all times, including prompt response to requests;
- Be prepared to assist on the shop floor with sales during exceptionally busy times (eg Christmas).
- Maintain and develop an in depth product knowledge of all departments;
- Develop knowledge of after sales processes to best serve and advise the client.
- Participate in training others, at the request of the Store Manager, on best practise of stock control and till procedures which affect the accuracy of the sales and stock data.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Organised,flexible and reliable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good IT Skills: EPOS system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Windows etc;
- Good team player with capacity to work autonomously;
- Professional with ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure;
- All candidates must hold a valid visa to live & work in the UK (please note this is NOT a sponsorship opportunity).